Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rain

It rained a lot today. My feet got very wet. Why did I choose to leave my rainboots at home? I got very, very wet. At least I did have an umbrella!

I decided to take the history course, and kind of had a stare-down with the person in the office. They said they could get me in the lecture, but not in the tutorial I needed. After trekking through the rain, going back and forth across campus to find the right form, her suggestion for finding something else after I got OFF the waiting list was not what I wanted to hear. So, she put me in the section (thankyouthankyou), but of course I had to go to my mandatory meeting which lasted until after 5pm, and the course I needed to drop could not be dropped today because the department decided to be closed today. (Why?)

I did get my student ID today though, which was exciting. I couldn't get it earlier this week because I needed my passport.

And now I'm waiting for my hair to dry before I go to bed for a fun-filled weekend with my friends. Most of the girls in my part of the hall have gone home, but I finally get to see my friends who've been here for the year. Medical museum + charity shopping tomorrow. Actually, starting in about 8 hours from now. I should probably get some sleep.

On a side note, the shower on my floor is actually nice. I did not expect that. I've been going down a floor to use the showers, because the one on my floor is just a bathroom with a curtained off showering area, and the ones below are actual shower stalls.

2 comments:

  1. Noooooo take the alcohol class instead! XD

    Sounds like ur having loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best showers I've ever had were in dorm halls with curtains for doors. I think it's the comradery and openness of it, or the always hilarious awkwardness of someone opening the curtain not realizing you were using it, or vice versa.

    Additionally, dorm bathrooms are fun because you can pee in the shower and depending on how it is designed, multiple showers share the same drain. If you eat the right foods before hand, it's surprisingly amusing, to myself anyway, at the expense of everyone else showering.

    It sounds like Europe is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete