Friday, January 1, 2010

Wardrobe >.<

This is kind of a girly post, but I'm not looking forward to creating an acceptable wardrobe while in the UK. It's a good thing my friends started to get me out of the sweats and sneakers a few years ago. I can handle buying all of my necessities for abroad, but I just realized that about 1/2 of my jeans are going to die soon. Poor jeans. They're so comfy.

Clothes shopping is not one of my favorite things to do. Jean shopping is down on the list of things I really don't like to do.

*sigh*

My friend at Leeds has informed me that people do not wear sneakers every day, and they wear a lot of flats. I know wardrobe isn't a HUGE part of a new experience, but for me it definitely makes a new impression. I'm used to being able to just walk around in my sneakers and hoodie, not really caring too much if I'm fashionable or not.

1 comment:

  1. Jolene!
    Here's a thought on shoes....Keen's are amazing to do lots of walking in and you can dress them up a bit or down.. as a teacher I love mine and I used a pair in the mountains this summer....well worth the $$ Maybe you can get a discount pair at heel to toe!
    Keep it simple in terms of clothing! You can always have something sent! Good luck! I'm so excited for your adventure!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete