Friday, January 29, 2010

First week of classes -- done

I still have no idea which module to drop. I also have no idea whether I want to take Data Analysis here in Leeds or at home. I was just told I could get credit for it, but to be careful because the one here has more content, but less math. I looked at the one here, and it's basically all math.

Dilemma. What to drop? I'm so bad at decision making.

I just looked up an animal shelter because I was missing my cat and playing with animals, and the Yorkshire Animal Shelter is in Leeds, but pretty far away. It's farther than Bodington Hall, so it'd be expensive for me to go bus-wise. I don't even know if a bus is available. It'd be interesting to do some part-time volunteering at a shelter here though. If only it was closer!! I feel like my Hall is close enough to different places to be annoying -- too close to warrant buying a bus pass, but too far to walk comfortably to other places.

Today was a sunny day, and it was great. My friend bought me 2 mini owls for my room, and they are ADORABLE. I think my reputation as the crazy owl lady could easily be managed here, but I shall try to avoid it. The sad thing is the more owls I get here, the more I carry home. I can't leave them here.

I did my first round of laundry today in a dorm laundromat. It was odd. I should've cleaned off one pair of my jeans before putting them in the washer, but didn't, so I ended up scrubbing them myself for awhile afterwards. Yay me.

Orchestra in my hall is canceled this semester, but I'm thinking of joining the jazz band here if they'll let me. The only problem is that they rehearse at 6pm on Mondays, and I have a class that ends at 6, so that doesn't really work well for me. Yet this might be my only chance of doing a jazz band.

On the bright side, I have no class on Fridays for now, and I go to Liverpool on Saturday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment