Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nearing the End

When meeting people around Europe over my Easter vacation, I got used to saying, "Oh, I go back to America in 2 months."  Someone in Leeds asked me when I was going home the other day, and I was about to do my automatic reply, when I realized that it's no longer true.  I go home in a little over a month.  Today is my last day of class, then I enter the official revision week (aka Reading Week), then 3 weeks of exam period.  However, I got lucky and I have 2 weeks of revision then 2 weeks to do 5 exams.

Where did the time go?

I was talking to one of my American friends here, and we agreed that a semester is too short, but we both feel a year is too long (for a short term study abroad).  I also think the month long break in the middle of my semester also contributed with time passing. 

I don't want to do a full-blown analysis of my time here yet, simply because I'm not done.  I still have 6 weeks left.  In that time I will have finished my exams, attended the Leeds Union Summer Ball, the Devonshire Ball, and then miscellanious other Leeds-related activities that I need to figure out after exams.  I want to explore Yorkshire a little more.

Last weekend and this coming weekend have been/will be great.  Two of my friends studying in Vienna booked tickets to visit me, and it's been great so far finding all of the things I want to show my friends about England.  Something I should've done more with this blog.  I've been getting a little behind adding pictures on facebook, adding pictures on here, finding the small nooks and crannies of England.

Well, I must be off to class now.  My last Drug Design class, and my last lecture in England. 

P.S. -- Blogger in Draft is awesome.  I changed my background (for now) to be a rainy background.  It seemed fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment