Monday, May 24, 2010

Am I taking my O.W.L.s?

I had my first exam today, and it was definitely a different experience.  I was totally expecting a style of testing similar to UIUC, but it was so different it was kind of creepy.  First of all, I'm not allowed to use pencil at all, which is okay, because that means no one can change my answers.  However, I also took my music exam in the same room as 400 (or another huge amount) of people.  My seat number was 270, and it was in alphabetical order by module.  There are several exams going on in the same room.  There are proctors that make sure you're not cheating, and none of them were anyone I recognized.  It was like taking a giant version of the ACT or SAT.  Or my Hogwarts O.W.L.s.  I had to keep my ID on my desk so proctors can double check it (and they do), and before the exams start someone goes by with an instrument to detect any type of cell phone or pager.  Leeds is DEAD SERIOUS about cheating.  There were even posters about cheating and the consequences in the area where you put your bag down.



The first picture is of the Sports Hall, which is where I took my exam today.  I also take an exam in the Great Hall (I'm not kidding), which is the second picture.  I have another exam in the Sports Hall, but luckily my others are in regular classrooms since my class size is so small.  What's kind of nice about the Sports Hall, though, is they put carpet down for exam period, so I don't have the weird gym floor.

My exam today went pretty well.  I'm more nervous about my others, but having the little time between each exam makes me feel a little better too.  I can't handle loads of time to revise.  Stress helps me focus.

I will (hopefully) not post for awhile because I'll hopefully be studying dutifully.  It's very possible procrastination will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment