Friday, March 12, 2010

Paper before Stonehenge

This weekend will certainly be interesting!  I am only one more quote away from finishing my history paper, which means that I can enjoy my weekend visiting Stonehenge in relative peace.  (I'll be bringing my paper with me of course, so I can edit a hard copy.)  To be honest, writing papers makes me stressed.  I feel like I've done decently well on this paper so far, but turnitin.com scares me.  Since it takes so long to grade, and because 2 people are grading my paper in addition to turnitin.com, AND because I'm new to the referencing style here... I shelled out $5 to use the program turnitin.com created to check your paper before submission.

But hey! I'm proud of myself because I was productive and I'll manage to finish my paper before my trip.  Plus, I have Sunday evening and Monday morning to edit!  This sure beats my last minute paper turn ins from last semester.  Although, since this is my only big piece of homework I have, productivity was expected.

Anyway, I leave at 5:30pm today to go down south!  I'll see Glastonbury Tor (and Glastonbury), get to go INSIDE and TOUCH Stonehenge (I'm not kidding!), Avebury (another henge, older than Stonehenge), and the West Kennet Long Barrow.  Originally I was a little nervous about this trip (which is through the university union, by the way, so it's not that out of the blue), because it's with the pagan society, but it turns out it's not a society full of pagans.  It's more of a society where people of different faiths can learn more about it, which is pretty cool, because I have a lot of interest in different religions and faiths.  There are a few pagans on this trip, but I've met them already, and they're really nice, but they seem pretty nervous about us accepting them.  Also, coming on this trip is an archaeology major, who's studied these sites, and he'll tell us history about each one when we're there.  Also, 3 friends, including one of my best friends, are coming on this trip, so this should be a pretty knowledgeable and fun weekend.

Now to find that last quote to finish off my paper.  I even wrote my conclusion already.  You have no idea how hard conclusions are for me.

P.S. -- Amazon.co.uk has already sent me my new camera!  I miss my other one... but this camera was decently priced and does the job.  It's a Samsung, and I'm tempted to call it Sammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment