I'm afraid if I don't post now, I might not have time to post before I leave Leeds. I'm pretty tired though, so the full details might be a little sketchy until the next time I scrounge up enough time. I'll add later entries with pictures later. But until then...
Haworth = success. It was a great small town, with a surprising number of Japanese tourists and translations -- even on the signs. When I double checked the bus stop with the driver before getting off, he even printed me off a voucher ticket that gave me free entrance to the Bronte Parsonage Museum! I also went on a hike in the bright English sun and got a little sunburned, which just means weird tan lines now.
When going on a walk with a friend, I realized that the end of the road I lived on (which, until now, I thought was a dead end) has a path to a woodsy area complete with trails. I can basically hike in my backyard. If I have time tomorrow (my last day *sniffle!*), I'm going to go on a mini-hike or run to see more of it.
My room is mostly packed up. I have a lot of luggage, but I figure if I have to check in another bag, I might as well make the most use of it, so I'm bringing some notes and books home. I'll probably regret it Saturday morning when I have to drag my bags around, but I'll probably be happy when back in Illinois. I hate throwing out notes and books.
And now for bed. Tomorrow's going to be a long day, but will probably pass too quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment