Ever since I got to the UK, I've noticed a lot of websites closed down to me. I didn't bring very many movies with me because I was hoping to watch them online -- rent or through a site similar to Hulu, etc. However, even Amazon doesn't allow me to watch videos here.
So, three of my friends told me to just get VPN on my computer. I was hesitant, because the last time I tried to set it up, it didn't work, only for me to realize later that the reason was I used the wrong instructions (I needed Vista instructions, and only XP was available). I was nervous that Windows 7 instructions wouldn't be there. I checked my university's site though, and there it was! So now I can connect slowly to my home university's server, which means I can listen to Pandora and watch my shows on Hulu again. More importantly, I could buy a digital album from Amazon. Yay VPN!
No comments:
Post a Comment